Wednesday 11 March 2015

Hand me the sun

Hand me the sun and i'll carve waves from rays,
bottled streams of beams
shimmering like the tide on a cloudless night.
Contained motion,
rocking with the flow of blood through veins,
life matter contained 
aglow with the sea's jubilant movement.

The tide is the earth's heartbeat,
i etch this pulse through the sun,
causing light to come in staves
bars of transparent rhythm captured
in a moment seen through my vase.

Can i now ingest this earth essence?
that my body may contain waves of light
so my soul can move and glow
with the tidal flow of an encapsulated 
wilderness brought to sight.
that i may dance
through nights and converse through days
with this rhythmic sway
moving through me and in me,
and in this moment of motion,
i shall be free to see
the glow that came  before,
before i was flesh,
before i was motion,
before there was motion.

And the sea continues to be lit.

No comments:

Post a Comment